mashup (n) = a hodge-podge of lovely things.
It’s easy to get the mid-week blues by the time Wednesday rolls around when two days still stand between you and the weekend. I’m not a fan of blue days, (that is unless they reference skies of Carolina blue & those are the absolute best!) so I made it my mission today to find a bucket of happy things— turns out I didn’t have to look far…or really at all…they came to me (:
1) open roads. yay for coming home! the last 12 days have been non-stop…needless to say, I’m looking forward to filling the next few days at home with family time & dates w. friends!
2) restored hot rods. saw this gorgeous car on the drive home…it’s my goal to one day get behind the wheel of one of these beauties!
3) cafeteria chairs. from a wedding featured on poppytalk, the chairs in this picture make me ridiculously happy. i’m immediately transported back to the days of trading pinwheels & Dunkaroos at the lunch table.
4) Coach Smith. spotted this hanging up in a restaurant today. Mr. Smith is the man.
5) Glee. a mashup post isn’t complete without a Glee mashup. the hit show transformed the art of the mashup into an overnight phenomenon. this mashup of Journey classics from the Season 1 finale had me singing for days…ahh yes, I’m a total Gleek.
[note: the cast did this performance in front of a live audience…those people aren’t “acting” folks, they’re having a blast!]
happy Wednesday, y’all!