Feel-good Friday: goodbye August.

August can not be drawing to a close…gracious, where exactly IS time going?

Out of the summer months, August has by far been the quickest for me. And although it has been an incredible summer, I must be honest & admit I am SO READY FOR FALL—it’s my favorite season & I love it more with each new year! But before we bid adieu to August 2010, let’s have another weekend full of “summer” things—here’s this week’s batch of feel-goods to get you started (:

let’s play dress-up: how unbelievably cute is this? so many of the kiddos I babysit for love to play dress-up & this is just the perfect storage for all of that FUN. One of the 30 project’s from Red Velvet Art’s newest online “Small Craft” class!

you know the old adage: diamonds are a girl’s best friend! so completely adore this dress by designer Lauren Moffatt.

Diamonds on Dean.

comeback kid: is it true? is wallpaper vying for reemergence? if designs as lovely as this continue to pop up, I do believe the art of covering walls w. paper will make a successful return—after all, it’s all about the “cycle.”

mosaic-like print is perfect for a small bathroom.

night lights: I have no idea how these skate park photos were taken–my knowledge of the intricacies of photography is severely limited–but they are ridiculously cool.

cottage + Australia: I think it’s pretty safe to assume I will never own a cottage in Australia (though there always exists some slim chance) so I am therefore able to love the following cottage tour from a realistic standpoint—all we’re missing now are a few shrimp on the barbie (;

i'm starting to detect an unhealthy love of doors.

98% of the cottage is white, so this gorgeous trunk fills the other 2% perfectly.

the strawberry deliciousness is impressive, but it's the tiniest glimpse of the rustic pink chair that I love most.

“You Will Find Me” by Andrew Ripp (w. Ben Rector & Steve Moakler): This song literally makes me ache with joy & gratitude—I’ve listened to it at least 30 times in the last 2 days & will listen to it many more times in the days to come.

funny side note: Mr. Rector spotted my Tuesday Tunes post from earlier this week & passed a long a few words of appreciation via Twitter…he also said “I can’t believe I told you to stay sick.” Apology  accepted.

the last breaths of summer: how wonderfully fitting is this print? Not only is it appropriate for these last days of summer, but it’s also a much needed reminder to seek beauty each and every day.

yay! now I’m off to spend some quality “twin” time w. the brother on this gorgeous day—happy weekend to YOU!

Advertisements

2 responses to “Feel-good Friday: goodbye August.

  1. I love your blog. You are pretty amazing ( but I’m just a little prejudice)

    love,
    pops 🙂

  2. Just stumbled across your blog…love it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s